5 Reasons to Be Politically and Civically Engaged
Last week Generocity published Philly Set Go's list of 5 reasons you should be politically and civically engaged, as written by our co-founder.
The 5 reasons on the list?
1. Engagement is how we fulfill the duties of the critical office of citizenship;
2. Community is where you are, not where you are from;
3. Communities are only as strong as our sense of accountability and personal responsibility toward each other;
4. Communities where all stakeholders are active participants are stronger and more empathetic;
5. Engagement makes a difference.
In summary, "the most important political office is that of the private citizen." (The means you!) How will you use the power of that office to truly make Philadelphia the city of brotherly love and sisterly affection?